Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I got this recipe from my friend Suzanne Bleazard many years ago. It is so simple and easy (especially when you use prepared meatballs--which I usually do because I just really hate to touch raw meat). And my entire family (until Kayli became a vegetarian) will eat them.
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1 cup dry bread crumbs
OR prepared meatballs
24 oz ketchup
3 Tbsp vinegar
3 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup onion, chopped
Directions:
Make meatballs by combining beef, egg, and bread crumbs. Roll into meatballs about 1-1 1/2 inch diameter and brown in a skillet. Or use pre-made meatballs. Place meatballs in a crock-pot. Mix together the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and onions. Pour it over the meatballs in the crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 hrs. Serve over rice.
Related Posts with Thumbnails