Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls


I can't remember where I got this recipe. I've used it for years and I think it's a combination of a few. I know my sister had a recipe that was delicious that this could be completely,or it's a combination of that recipe with a pampered chef recipe. Not sure. But we like this one. Just simple enough for us to make and yummy enough. I've learned with this blog that I really need to work on my food presentation skills and my photography skills. But right now I'm just happy to get a picture on here, I'll worry about the presentation later--- you'll just have to trust me that these are soo yummy!
Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp yeast
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cup water
2 eggs
5 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
Filling:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp light corn syrup
Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk

Directions:
Mix the sugar, yeast, oil and water and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then add the eggs, flour, and salt and let it sit for 3-5 minutes before rolling out the dough into a rectangle.
Filling:
Combine butter, sugars, cinnamon and corn syrup; mix well. (Mixture will be stiff.) Spread over the dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Roll up tightly, press edge to seal and slice evenly and place on a baking pan. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes
Frosting:
Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add in the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.
Related Posts with Thumbnails