Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lemon Raspberry Muffins

The lemons on my lemon tree are ripe so it's time for a few lemon recipes. I love lemon-y breads and cakes so first up is this muffin recipe. I can't remember where I found it exactly--I just know it was in a magazine in my Drs office. It may have been Rachel Ray? I know I was looking at her magazine but I'm not positive that is the source.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (a substitute is 1 Tbsp lemon juice in 1 cup milk)
1/2 cup oil
1 lemon
1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)

Directions:
Zest and juice the lemon. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt together. Add in the eggs, buttermilk, oil, lemon rind, and juice from the lemon to the dry mixture. Mix together. Fold in the raspberries. To make them a little yummier Combine 1/4 C sugar and zest of one lemon, mix together well and sprinkle over top of each muffin. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails