Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pani Popo (Hawaiian rolls)

My niece, Lia, made these roll for our Hawaiian themed New Year's party. I don't like coconut but all the food at that party seemed to have a bit of coconut in it so I gave it all a try. Even though these rolls are covered in coconut milk, they were sweet enough that I still loved them. When a friend of mine had her own Hawaiian themed party I knew just what to bring! The best thing about them is how completely simple they are to make.

Ingredients:
Rhodes Rolls (or any dinner roll recipe)
1 can coconut milk
3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup sugar

Directions:You can just use any dinner roll recipe you want, or use the frozen rhodes rolls (but thaw them and let them rise). Once the rolls are risen to how you would usually bake them, mix 1 can coconut milk, 3 tablespoons sweeten condensed milk, and 3/4 cup sugar, and then pour this mixture over the rolls and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. (I found that my rolls only needed about 20 min to bake)
Related Posts with Thumbnails