Friday, July 1, 2011

Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies

I don't know how I've made it through my life without discovering a love for muddy buddies until now. I've known about them for a long time but they've never really appealled to me enough to even try them. My daughter brought them home from a friends house and insisted I give them a try. Then I couldn't stop eating them, they were so yummy! Then she made another batch and I know I ate at least half of them. She is now banned from making them because I have no self control.

9 cups corn or rice chex
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In 1 quart microwavable bow. microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bags. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.


  1. You should have never tried it!! lol. That stuff is super good and addictive.

  2. I never had them before last year, and I always thought they sounded weird, but they are SO delicious!


Related Posts with Thumbnails