Thursday, December 9, 2010

Biscuits and Gravy

When I was sixteen my parents took me to Georgia to visit extended family. It was on this trip that I fell in love with a good southern breakfast. Every morning my great aunt would have sausage, eggs, bacon, pancakes, and new to me and my new favorite--biscuits and gravy. I've never made it myself. It's been a special treat when I go to a restaurant for breakfast. I saw this recipe on allrecipes and decided it was time I tried to make it myself. I'm so glad I did because it was so good. I won't mention how many calories it has though...kind of ruins it a little bit.

Ingredients1 pound breakfast Sausage Roll
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
Salt and black pepper to taste
8 prepared biscuits

Directions
1.Crumble and cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in flour until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot over biscuits. Refrigerate leftovers.
Related Posts with Thumbnails