Saturday, October 2, 2010

Carrot Cookies

I made these cookies for my daughter and her little friends. I thought they could be a safe cookie for me to make and not pig out. I have horrible self control when homemade cookies are around and I've been trying to eat healthier. Carrot cookies just didn't sound that good to me--how good could a carrot cookie be really? Well it turns out--very good. The recipe made about 30 cookies. My daughter and her friends ate maybe 10 of them. And me? Well I had the other 20 before my older kids got home from school. So 20 cookies within a few hours. I amaze myself sometimes. Hopefully the carrot in the cookies helped a little with the nutritional value. It was the frosting that took these cookies over the top for me.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup finely shredded carrots

Frosting:
2 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
3 T orange juice
zest of one orange

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add in flour, baking powder, salt. After those are combined add in the shredded carrots. Drop by Tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Add frosting on while cookies are still warm.
Related Posts with Thumbnails