Friday, October 1, 2010

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

I have a cookbook that my sister-in-law put together last year with contributions of favorite recipes from the family. It's definitely my favorite cookbook so I am going to attempt to post each recipe on this blog. This is one of those recipes. I can actually remember making this cake with my husband when we were dating. This is a fun recipe to make with kids. Mine were amazed how the hot fudge sauce ended up on the bottom of the pan beneath the cake.
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 T cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 T vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup nuts (optional)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup hot water

Directions:
Turn oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, 2 T cocoa, baking powder. Then mix in milk, oil, and vanilla into dry ingredients until smooth. It will be like brownie batter. Pour into an 8x8 square pan. Then sprinkle brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa on top then pour hot water on it and put in oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails