Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes


I got this recipe from my niece, Lia. She's kind of a picky eater so the recipes she post on her blog are usually pretty good. At least I haven't tried a bad one yet. These pancakes were very good and so great as I'm trying so hard to bring on my favorite season, Autumn. Even though it very much feels like summer still, I'm still going eat like it's fall. She had a buttermilk syrup with hers, but I didn't have buttermilk when I made the pancakes. Next time I plan to try it because Lia said it was really good.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cup milk
4 eggs separated
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin

Directions:
Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, and brown sugar. Combine the pumpkin, milk, and egg yolks. Add the flour mixture and melted butter. Stir to blend. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold into the batter to blend. Preheat griddle at 350. Pour batter and cook until richly browned
Related Posts with Thumbnails