Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yogurt Sauce on a Falafel Sandwich



I'm mainly posting for the yogurt sauce--it's the white stuff between the flat bread and the lettuce. This is a really yummy sandwich but there really isn't a recipe to it. I just had store bought falafels and flat bread. One day I may try to make them myself but I'm not up for it yet. In fact I barely tried a falafel this summer when I was visiting my sister in law and she made us these sandwiches. She found the recipe for the cucumber yogurt sauce on cooks.com. Which wow, I love this sauce so much. I've dipped veggies in it, put it on my quesadillas, and put it on these sandwiches. It's just kind of a great all around dip or sauce. I think what really wins it over for me is the cumin, I've realized I love the flavor of cumin. I've had this with the cucumbers added and without and it's great both ways.

Ingredients:
1/2 med. cucumber peeled, seeded & chopped fine
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. ground pepper

Directions:
Stir all ingredients together and enjoy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails