Wednesday, February 17, 2010

California Steak

This was my favorite meal that my mom made when I was growing up. One major difference is that my mom made hers in a pressure cooker. Hers always turns out better---even when she makes it in a crock pot which she did once for me.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 lb round steak, cut into 6 serving pieces
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can condensed beef broth
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge meat in flour mixture, brown it on a skillet. Place in a crock pot and add onion, broth, and water. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Remove steak and onion. Put juices into a saucepan. Blend sour cream and 2 Tbsp flour into broth stirring constantly, until gravy thickens.
Related Posts with Thumbnails