Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Banana Bread

I love over ripened bananas because it means we can make banana bread. I used partial wheat flour and added in some flax to add in a little bit of goodness. I got this recipe from one of my favorite type of cookbooks--the ward Relief Society cookbook. I have several and they really are my favorite. I suppose it is why I love food blogs so much--lots of tried and true family recipes to be found.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1 cup mashed bananas

Directions:
Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set Aside. In a mixer bowl, beat sugar and shortening with electric mixer until light, scraping sides of bowl often. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and the milk beating till smooth alternately to creamed mixture. Add flour mixture and banana alternately to creamed mixture, beating till smooth after each addition. Turn batter into lightly greased 8x4x2 loaf pan. Bake at 350 oven for 60-65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Makes 1 loaf.
Related Posts with Thumbnails