Thursday, January 28, 2010

Boiled Cookies


These are my very favorite cookie of all time. My Grandma Stevens is the one who introduced these delicious cookies to me when I was a very little girl. My favorite birthday gift was the year my grandma made me my very own batch of these cookies along with some fabric for my mom to use to make me a dress.

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Place piece of wax paper or foil on tray or cookie sheet. Combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture come to a rolling boil (or 232F). Remove from heat; cool 1 minute. Add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Stir to mix well. Quickly drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto wax paper or foil. Cool completely.
Related Posts with Thumbnails