Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vegetarian Chili

My 15 yr old daughter is a vegetarian. I'm pretty sure she does this to spite her parents but occasionally I'll cater to her diet. Vegetarian chili would not be my first choice but this was pretty good and it was super easy to make. I really like crock pot meals because dinner time is so busy around our house either driving kids to and from places or doing homework etc. So I know I'll go back to this recipe. Plus this is just the type of thing I like to eat on a cold winter day. I found this on my favorite website for recipes allrecipes.com According to that each serving only has 218 calories, 1.6 grams of fat, 10.7g protein, and 11.7 g of fiber--so it's healthy too, can't beat that!

Ingredients:
1 15 oz can black beans
1 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can refried beans
1 16 oz can chili beans
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can whole kernal corn, drained
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 4 oz can chilies, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 c water
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 pkg hidden valley ranch dry mix
opt. 1 lb lean ground beef

Directions:
In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper and celery. Season with garlic, chili powder, parsley, oregano and basil. Cook for at least two hours on high.
Related Posts with Thumbnails