Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hummus

Kayli and her vegetarian ways have introduced us to hummus. It is actually really good. My niece, Lia, just posted this recipe onto her blog. I'm thinking I may do a blog to recipe book with this blog so I want the recipe for hummus included. Plus I've added another ingredient (cumin) to her recipe that I think just makes the hummus perfect.

Ingredients:
2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2-1 tsp ground cumin

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.

**An option to give the hummus some kick--add 1/2 cup cilantro and a jalapeno or two--so good.
Related Posts with Thumbnails