Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oatmeal chocolate chip lactation cookies


These cookies are really good whether you are lactating or not, I swear! I like the name though cause it automatically puts my family off from eating them : ) Or so they say, they all seem to eat quite a bit anyway. I like that they have flax and brewer's yeast in them to make them a little bit healthier than the average cookie. Plus I use half wheat flour to boost their nutritional value--even though they can't be considered healthy (look at all that butter and sugar!) I don't feel as guilty eating these. The blurb that was with the recipe says : "This recipe helps to keep your milk supply up or increase your milk supply. Use more brewers yeast and oatmeal if you are wanting to increase your milk supply."

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp flax seed meal
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour (I like 1/2 all purpose, 1/2 wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 cup choc chips (I increase this)
2-4 Tbsp brewer's yeast

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar well. Add eggs and mix well. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well. Sift together flour, brewer's yeast, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mix. Stir in oats and chips. Scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails