Monday, January 25, 2010

Creamy Italian Chicken

This is another case where I'm sorry I don't have better photography skills. This is so yummy! One of my favorite dishes by far and it is so easy to make! I will say this cooked a little longer than it needed to, so that may be part of the problem. But it was still delicious, I don't think you can mess this up. I found this recipe on Marci Freeman's blog. She has one of my favorite food blogs and so I've adopted a lot of recipes from her.

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut in strips
1/4 cup butter (melted)
8 oz container of cream cheese with chives (can substitute plain cream cheese)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (.7oz) pkg. Italian dressing (dry mix)
1/2 cup water
rice
Add ins: onions, mushrooms, carrots

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Combine butter, cream cheese, mushroom soup, italian dressing mix, and water. Stir in any add-ins you want into the sause. Mix and pour over chicken. Cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours. Serve with rice.
Related Posts with Thumbnails