Saturday, May 29, 2010

Balsamic Black Bean Salsa

I saw this salsa and immediately knew I would love it! Black beans, corn, and balsamic vinegar--all ingredients I love. It is really good. I found this over at Your Homebased Mom.

Ingredients:
1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed well
1 -15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained well (I used frozen corn)
1/2 medium red onion finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1/2 C finely chopped fresh cilantro
1- 7 oz. can salsa verde (I used Herdez brand)
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the salsa marinade for a few hours or overnight before serving. Drain most of the liquid from the salsa before serving. Serve with tortilla chips
Related Posts with Thumbnails